We believe every dog deserves to have a family that loves them unconditionally and a home where they feel loved. In order to expand our breeding program, but still ensure that each of these dogs are well socialized and loved (not sitting in a pen forgotten about), they are placed with a forever family at a discounted rate ($850). We would co-own under contract and would have breeding rights for a specified amount of time (see below). When the contract is complete, we would pay to have the dog spayed/neutered and sign over all ownership.
If you live within an hour (or close to it) of 48455 and are interested in the guardian program, please fill out an application.
- you would get our breeders pick of the litter
-males are easy to provide a home for, but they should be the only dog in the home. You would make them available to us for breeding between the ages of 18 months-6 years. We would bring the female to you unless other arrangements are worked out ahead of time. This would likely be 3 weeks or less per year.
- females would need to go to a home with a fenced or secure yard. If there is a male dog on the premises, he must be fixed! They normally come into heat for the first time between 9-10 months of age, but they would not be bred during this first cycle and would need to be "protected" from possible suitors living nearby for a 30 day time period.
- She would come back to us for 5-6 days for breeding, and then back to you for the duration of the pregnancy. We would then decide together if it would be better to have her whelp at our home or yours (with support).
-She would be bred two cycles back to back, with a break between the 2-3 litter. The females will be either on a 2 litter or 4 litter contract. This will be communicated when a puppy becomes available.
-All vet fees associated with breeding or puppies would be our responsibility. Any routine or injury vet fees, or boarding/grooming fees while they are in your care, are your responsibility and must be kept up-to-date. We also ask that guardian dogs have pet insurance while they are under contract. The expense for this is approximately $25 monthly depending on which company you decide to use.
- If completing a 4 litter contract (female) or a 6-year stud contract in good standing, you have the option of selecting a puppy from the last litter free of charge to keep. This could be another guardian, or you can choose to have full ownership. (This option is not available with a 2-litter contract).
- You may ask, "What is the benefit"? The benefit is that we can have a healthy breeding program with all dogs being loved in homes and not confined to a "kennel-existence". All dogs are socialized and loved. Your new family member comes to you at a reduced cost. And some families like to be involved in the "puppy experience" without all of the responsibility. Future families can rest easy knowing that their new puppies are socialized and coming from very loved and happy parents. This guardian agreement is not for everyone, but for those who it is the right fit for, is deeply rewarding. If you are interested, please fill out our adoption application.